Do you ever find yourself starting something that you need to complete within the day that’s
associated to your business and then find that 8 hours has somehow passed, and you haven’t even started?
Massive procrastination is a common thing in the life of a new PT business owner.
You sometimes can be unsure about yourself, unsure about what to do on a daily basis and unsure if what the hell you have just done as a career path is the right choice!
Don’t stress, this is totally common and can be overcome with a few simple strategies.
I remember when I first started my PT business and I felt so overwhelmed because I didn’t know
who to ask for help or what works best to fight against procrastination and what can boost my
efficiency.. But, after a lot of trial and error and dark days guessing if what I was doing was right, I
discovered these steps, that if you follow will start transforming your procrastinating and lost days into efficient business building days!
- Step 1: Sit down, turn off your phone and any devices that will distract you.
- Step 2: Get a pen and paper (or open a word doc on your laptop).
- Step 3: Write down 3 things you want to achieve today. NOTE: Make sure they’re actual tasks, not events like “go to work”. You want these to be tasks that you normally would put off, like “Read for 20 minutes” or “Do my Leg workout”
- Step 4: Write down how many minutes you’re going to dedicate to each task. I find 30 minute intervals work best.
- Step 5: Label tasks 1 to 3 in order of priority/which one need’s to be ticked off first.
- Step 6: Start task 1 until your dedicated time finishes and then move onto task 2 and then task 3. You don’t need to do these tasks back to back, they can be done throughout the day.
- Step 7: Once completed all 3 tasks, give yourself a pat on the back for completing the 3 most important things today! Tomorrow, you’re going to do the exact same thing, either with the same tasks (until you complete them) or with new ones!
The idea of this strategy is to give yourself time and space to establish what is important for you to complete in the day, then to dedicate realistic time to the tasks. If you don’t give the tasks life and don’t dedicate time to them, it’s super easy to become distracted and to feel lost. This is where procrastination comes in – people generally don’t identify what they want to achieve, and don’t give it a certain amount of time to dedicate their energy to.
This type of strategy is also called “Time Blocking”, which is a proven strategy for many
So, give it a try and let me know if you need any help!
What you can do from here
I am a big believer in ‘modelling off what works’ and building on top of that. The best way to do that
and to really accelerate your business (and yourself), is by finding a mentor who has already done it before and who can teach you the way!
If I didn’t open my eyes and learn off those who had already walked the path before me, I wouldn’t
have accelerated the way I have and gotten to where I am in such a short period of time.
Investing in yourself can work – just take the time to find the right mentor and then blast off!
Connect with Fitness Education Online on Social Media
At Fitness Education Online, we have one of the largest Facebook Groups in the world for Personal Trainers and Fitness Professionals. Everyone in there is super supportive and we all share tips and ideas. We would love to invite you into the Group – click here to join.