If you are someone who is dedicated to helping other individuals reach their fitness goals, now is the time to make a living out of your passion. This is because the fitness industry is a thriving field that keeps on growing.
It is estimated that by 2023, the total number of job vacancies for fitness instructors will reach 21,000. This projection can mean that you will have a spot on the industry if you start acquiring your certificate 4 in fitness today. You can complete this qualification within 12 months, meaning that you can start working on your fitness training career in no time!
Take the Next Step in Your Fitness Instruction Career
Upon taking the certificate IV in fitness course that we offer here atFitness Education Online, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Study 100% online
- Study at your own pace, without any time limit
- Gain a lifetime access to the qualification’s learning materials
- Acquire specialised skills to instruct personal training programs
- Expand your qualifications as a fitness professional
Further Your Career as a Fitness Instructor Through Our Cert 4 in Fitness Online Course
Qualification: SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
Course Duration: Up to 12 months
Our certificate IV in fitness course is fully available online, which means that you can study whenever and wherever you are. It is also self-paced, so you can take it as long as you like.
Once you pay for the program, you will gain a lifetime access to the course materials. This will allow you to come back to the resources even after acquiring your certificate 4 in fitness.
Prerequisite Units (8)
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who hold a current first aid and CPR certificate and have been recognised as competent through a recognised training program or recognition process against the following units of competency:
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
To complete this qualification, you need to take a total of 20 units. 12 of these comprises of the core units, while 8 units should come from designated electives.
Core Units (12)
- SISFFIT013 Instruct exercise to young people ages 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT015 Collaborate with medical and allied health professional in a fitness context
- SISFFIT016 Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT017 Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT020 Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXRES001 Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
Elective Units (8)
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- SISFFIT011 Instruct approved community fitness programs
- SISFFIT012 Instruct movement programs to children aged 5 to 12 years
- SISXCCS003 Address client needs
- SISXIND006 Conduct sport, fitness or recreation events
Some of the job roles you may have once you complete this qualification are:
- Personal trainer
- Program coordinator
- Children’s trainer
- Older client trainer
- Group fitness instructor
Online Learning: All of our theory learning is delivered via our online learning centre that you can log in to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The learning material includes videos, PowerPoint Presentations and Online Text Books.
Practice Sessions: The practice sessions allow you to gain the confidence of working with real clients.
Practical Assessment: The final step in the process is to complete the live Practical Assessment.
What You Will Learn
Taking a certificate IV in fitness online course allows you to acquire the knowledge and skills you need to advance your career as a fitness coach. Additionally, enrolling in our online course will help you learn various things, including the following:
- Instructing personal and group personal training programs
- Teaching long-term exercise programs
- Working with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- Promoting healthy eating
- Presenting, securing, and supporting sales solutions
- Marketing a small business
- Undertaking small business planning
- Monitoring and managing small business operations and finances